E-Scape 508
Welcome to E-Scape, please register or login!! Make use of the forums, or play the game!!

Vote for us too, will you! Very Happy
http://www.mmorpgtop200.com/in.php?site=4046
http://www.xtremetop100.com/in.php?site=1132284059

E-Scape 508


 
HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in
E-Scape World 1 is OFFLINE
Apply to become a E-Scape DJ in the Announcements section.
Please Donate to E-Scape and recieve special benefits
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
 
Associates
xxx1nf3rn0xxx
YomiteofUnScape
Last Stand
Music Player
Standalone player
Suggest Music Here
Music Suggestions

Username



Suggestion Songs Here (With Bands)

Top posters
Funky (246)
 
Athena (234)
 
1nf3rn0 (215)
 
Invincible (203)
 
Ziiiiiiiin (139)
 
Dick (127)
 
Sealy (93)
 
Yomite (80)
 
Blieker23 (75)
 
Skillz (67)
 

Share | 
 

 Soccer Or Hockey?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Community Administrator
Community Administrator


Posts : 203
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 23
Location : Wtf is it to you?

PostSubject: Soccer Or Hockey?   Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:56 am

Debate #3 Soccer Vs Hockey

I for one think soccer is the best sport in the world, The most funnest and competetive, Post your opinions on which sport you think is better.

Hockey i believe is one of the most dangerous sports, And soccer is much safer. Many hockey matches there has been numerous ammounts of fights which i think isnt very Sports-Like.

So tell me your opinion on which sport you think is better.
Back to top Go down
Ziiiiiiiin
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 139
Join date : 2009-05-29
Location : Austarlia

E-scape
Forum Credit:

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:24 am

hockey. its more dangerous and it requires more skill.
Back to top Go down
Athena
Advanced Member
avatar

Posts : 234
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Somewhere in the world

E-scape
Forum Credit:

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Soccer gets my vote, favorite sport to play in High School.
Back to top Go down
1nf3rn0
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
avatar

Posts : 215
Join date : 2009-05-29
Age : 23
Location : Saskatchewan, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Hockey gets my vote. Takes more endurance, skill, is rougher (better for guys) and is my countries national sport. Can't go wrong.

Heres my debate:

Soccer: Theres way to many rules, and the gayest of them all is the whole no tackling and no hands. The net is much to wide, meaning it takes less skill to get a goal.

Hockey: Net is a fair size, hard for the goalie AND the offence. Takes alot of skill to dangle the puck. Hands-on contact, but not too crazy (tripping, slashing, ect). More fights break out in the NHL Razz. Much quicker paced. Harder shots (hence more skill). I could go on forever.

_________________


Back to top Go down
http://escape508.forumotion.net
Athena
Advanced Member
avatar

Posts : 234
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Somewhere in the world

E-scape
Forum Credit:

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:36 am

That isn't fair, soccer takes a lot of skill actually just like Hockey, plus you you're not running on ice, you're sliding (Which makes you faster) and with a soccer field you're running which takes a lot of endurance and a lot of skill to keep the ball controlled. The fields that you're running on, are usually for adults, 60x100, which equals to a lot of running.

Maybe Hockey is tougher, but I think all depends on much skill you have individually. =/
Back to top Go down
Patty Fatone
Newbie


Posts : 3
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:38 pm

Soccer is the best. It's really fun to play. I don't know too much about hockey so I can't really say anything about it. I do think alot more skill is required to play soccer though. You have to run through out the whole game, reflexes,foot work, ball control, speed, and endurance is a must if you want to play soccer.

Hockey, you just skate around alittle pond with a stick in your hand while chasing a puck.. Just plain boreing.

I have a question though, is it possible for the puck to slide out of bounds?
Back to top Go down
1nf3rn0
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
avatar

Posts : 215
Join date : 2009-05-29
Age : 23
Location : Saskatchewan, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:07 pm

I luv Alize|Muzukashii wrote:
Soccer is the best. It's really fun to play. I don't know too much about hockey so I can't really say anything about it. I do think alot more skill is required to play soccer though. You have to run through out the whole game, reflexes,foot work, ball control, speed, and endurance is a must if you want to play soccer.

Hockey, you just skate around alittle pond with a stick in your hand while chasing a puck.. Just plain boreing.

I have a question though, is it possible for the puck to slide out of bounds?

You've obviously never watched a hockey match. If you've never played hockey or soccer, you shouldnt be debating which is better... I've played soccer and hockey, and I do admit soccer is very fun and does take skill, but hockey is alot funner.

_________________


Back to top Go down
http://escape508.forumotion.net
Patty Fatone
Newbie


Posts : 3
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:38 pm

1nf3rn0 wrote:
I luv Alize|Muzukashii wrote:
Soccer is the best. It's really fun to play. I don't know too much about hockey so I can't really say anything about it. I do think alot more skill is required to play soccer though. You have to run through out the whole game, reflexes,foot work, ball control, speed, and endurance is a must if you want to play soccer.

Hockey, you just skate around alittle pond with a stick in your hand while chasing a puck.. Just plain boreing.

I have a question though, is it possible for the puck to slide out of bounds?

You've obviously never watched a hockey match. If you've never played hockey or soccer, you shouldnt be debating which is better... I've played soccer and hockey, and I do admit soccer is very fun and does take skill, but hockey is alot funner.

I have played soccer for 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Community Administrator
Community Administrator


Posts : 203
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 23
Location : Wtf is it to you?

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:06 am

You've played soccer for 2 years, Well guess what. I've played soccer for 7 years and still going. XD

Soccer to me is really fun and requires way more fitness, The field is pretty big and you always have to be running and making runs, Setting up goals Through balls Etc..

Soccer all the way!

_________________
Back to top Go down
1nf3rn0
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
avatar

Posts : 215
Join date : 2009-05-29
Age : 23
Location : Saskatchewan, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:05 pm

I luv Alize|Muzukashii wrote:
1nf3rn0 wrote:
I luv Alize|Muzukashii wrote:
Soccer is the best. It's really fun to play. I don't know too much about hockey so I can't really say anything about it. I do think alot more skill is required to play soccer though. You have to run through out the whole game, reflexes,foot work, ball control, speed, and endurance is a must if you want to play soccer.

Hockey, you just skate around alittle pond with a stick in your hand while chasing a puck.. Just plain boreing.

I have a question though, is it possible for the puck to slide out of bounds?

You've obviously never watched a hockey match. If you've never played hockey or soccer, you shouldnt be debating which is better... I've played soccer and hockey, and I do admit soccer is very fun and does take skill, but hockey is alot funner.

I have played soccer for 2 years.

I've played both hockey and soccer since I was 6. ... I'm 15 now. Do the math, 9 years for both sports. And I didnt ask how long u played soccer, its obvious you like it, I said uve prolly never watched nor played a hockey match, NOT a fucking soccer match...

_________________


Back to top Go down
http://escape508.forumotion.net
Funky
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 246
Join date : 2009-05-27

E-scape
Forum Credit: 10

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:35 pm

My bro is a soccer FREAK hes 15,played soccer since he was 4,11 years and he made the best team in state,Uventis. He was on sparta but moved up this year. I don't played soccer anymore but im OK at it. I've played street hockey before and its fun but I almost broke my neck when I ran into a tree =/ ROFL but yeah my honestly vote is Soccer. Hockey is fun too

_________________


Back to top Go down
Athena
Advanced Member
avatar

Posts : 234
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Somewhere in the world

E-scape
Forum Credit:

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:11 pm

I've played soccer and hockey, for both five years when I was little younger, until I broke a leg and all that junk, so for soccer has been more challenging to me, simply because when you're skating on ice, those skates boost your speed while in soccer you're running on your own feet, trying to catch or control the ball between your feet, the fields we played on were massive, and it required more endurance and stamina. Going back and forth down the field on your feet is exhausting.

Hockey and Soccer are technically both the same, except in soccer, you have a giant ass field while in hockey, you have a semi small arena and you have to control the puck using a stick instead of your feet. Soccer requires more endurance I believe.
Back to top Go down
1nf3rn0
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
avatar

Posts : 215
Join date : 2009-05-29
Age : 23
Location : Saskatchewan, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Athena wrote:
I've played soccer and hockey, for both five years when I was little younger, until I broke a leg and all that junk, so for soccer has been more challenging to me, simply because when you're skating on ice, those skates boost your speed while in soccer you're running on your own feet, trying to catch or control the ball between your feet, the fields we played on were massive, and it required more endurance and stamina. Going back and forth down the field on your feet is exhausting.

Hockey and Soccer are technically both the same, except in soccer, you have a giant ass field while in hockey, you have a semi small arena and you have to control the puck using a stick instead of your feet. Soccer requires more endurance I believe.

The boost in speed is what makes it dangerous and fun, and it actually requires more energy than running if you were telling the truth about playing hockey, you'd know that when skating you have to support your entire body wait on two blades, not your feet and legs like they are built for, thus taking more energy and muscle.

--

And to answer Patty's question or whatever, in official hockey, no. The puck cannot go out of bounds because there are side-boards around the rink so that the fans/onlookers dont get there noses broken by flying pucks. Still happens occasionally to the people higher in the bleachers (happened 2 my cousin rofl) but w/e. In street hockey if the puck flies off of the ice its obviously out of bounds. OH I guess ya its out of bounds if the puck goes over the sideboards but it usually doesn't.

_________________


Back to top Go down
http://escape508.forumotion.net
Ziiiiiiiin
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 139
Join date : 2009-05-29
Location : Austarlia

E-scape
Forum Credit:

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:29 pm

i onestly think that soccer is pretty borring but hockey is entertaining. i play feild hockey not ice hockey but ice hockey is still very fun. ive been playing feild hockey for around 8 years now and have played in reps. so personaly hockey is much funner.
Back to top Go down
bam 5131
Newbie


Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 23
Location : south carolina

E-scape
Forum Credit:

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:26 pm

soccer has my vote.
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/martintroy72@yahoo.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Soccer Or Hockey?   

Back to top Go down
 
Soccer Or Hockey?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Hockey night invite
» NANA 's Soccer Jersey Collection From Thailand ^_^
» My US Soccer Jersey Collection
» Junior Boys Tournament - Feb 4 and 5, 2011 - Kemptville
» Aitken Center Predictions

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
E-Scape 508 :: Outside E-Scape :: General Debate-
Jump to: